Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday - Our Lady of Fatima arrives in Rome Today.

10/13. Sunday - Our lady of Fatima arrives in Rome Today But we are still in Sorrento so will have to see her this next week while we are in Rome. After a great breakfast in our kitchen we were off for the lift to attend 10 AM Mass at one of the many churches in Sorrento. On the way up Jane called to say that she was headed to the bus for a trip to Amalfi. Took me awhile but I finally convinced Martha that I would be just fine on my own today..so off she went to join Jane for the day. Bonnie also is having a day off to pack and do laundry as they have been here for two weeks.

BTW it's now 12:30 and Martha just called to check up on me and to let me know that they are still not to Amalfi fact is they are not even half way yet. They had to wait an hour for another bus. Once they get to Amalfi plan is to take another bus to Ravello. So am not expecting them home till late tonight. Me... I really enjoyed the 10 AM Mass and found that I can follow along pretty good on the Italian Mass printouts. It is so much easier to follow than the French ones.

After mass I made my way towards the lift, which will bring me down to the harbor, stopping on the way to shop... Found a tile with the black dog on it so bought it for Philip. Walked over to our, on the beach, internet spot and checked my emails on my IPOD... Hoping to fine a new email from Phil, but didn't find anything but junk mail. On the way back to the stairs for our apartment I decided to enjoy a break of cappuccino and a treat of ice cream. Upstairs now I am going to have a protein drink and some fruit and bread for lunch. Then I will go back downstairs and try to post this blog. 10/13 More on Sunday

. About 2PM I realized why my legs were itching so...I have been standing for an hour on beach sand posting....must have been sand fleas biting my ankles cause once I left the beach they stopped itching..back up the 61 steps to our apartment...that's two round trips or 244 steps today..oh my aching knees. Know that I have at least one more, and most likely 2 more trips today ...that would be 488 !!!! Martha just called again and looks like they are catching the 4:30 boat home. Then we plan to eat out tonight with all of us celebrating our last night in Serronto.

My time on the beach was well spent. No email from Phil but I did get Saturdays blog posted and also the start of today, Sunday. Checked emails and Facebook . Actually posted some pictures from yesterday to Facebook and transferred most of the pictures on My IPOD. And sent a couple of emails...lot done in one hour. Will finish this later after dinner. Martha just called at 4:45 and said they were on the boat and should be here during next 30 minutes or so. I have had a fun afternoon doing a lot of people watching in between packing and reading my book which is so like Downton Abbey that as I read I keep seeing the people from the TV show in my minds eye.... Their script is a direct take off from this book.

Martha and Jane got back about 6 PM...... I met their boat then we took the lift up to the town. We had not heard from Bonnie so we walked over to her favorite restaurant. While searching the tables for her she walked up to us on the sidewalk. We decided to eat our last dinner right where we were. I had spaghetti ....real Italian spaghetti.... Wow a great meal with red wine and bread. As it was after 8 PM Martha and I walked back down to the harbor and up to our room got over computers and are now at the B&B using the internet . By the time we walk back up again I will have done 4 round trips or 488 steps today. Guess that offsets the chocolate bar we plan to eat before bed. Tomorrow is a travel day as we leave for Rome.

No comments: