Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday - overnight train to Florance then bus to Siena

This has been a very long day. The train trip went well but don't think that any of us got all the sleep we needed which means tonight we are a tired group of travelers. Arrived in Siena by about 10..settled in our apartment and out on the streets by 11 AM. Jane forgot her glasses ....tried to unlock the door with our keys...no luck..finally called the owner to come let us in...ended up we were trying to unlock the wrong front door. After a good laugh at ourselves we were soon on our way to visit the Duomo. Wonderful church...we were lucky that this week the tile pictures on the floors are all uncovered...because they are so old and beginning to wear most of the time they are covered. The ticket is good for three days and covers not only the Duomo but also the crypt and the baptistry. So we are looking forward to seeing those plus St Catherine's during these next three days.

It's evening now we have found a market and bought supplies. I am tired so elected to stay home this evening while the rest are going out to eat. I do so enjoy my time alone in the apartments..got my shower,fixed some dinner for myself and find myself eavesdropping on our neighbors while working on my computer. Even tho I don't understand the conversations as they are speaking Itialian... It's still fun to listen. This will be it for today. Be sure to read Martha's blog as she gives a much better detailed account of what we have been doing. Arrivederci from Italy

No comments: